Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oldies but Goodies: Joy Division Tribute




I've been ridiculously busy with school this week, and the only thing that's kept me pumped and consistently going is the fact that I've been listening to a shitload of Joy Division to it all.  So here's a few of my favorites.

By the way, I don't care who you are or what you like in terms of genres within rock.  If you're a fan of anything that's been released over the past 25 years, Joy Division would automatically be in any top 5 list in terms of influence for anything.  It's not even up for debate.

Dead Souls (You'll recall that NIN did a ridiculously awesome remake of this for The Crow soundtrack).


Shadowplay (Covered by The Killers a few years back)


Ceremony (Covered by New Order themselves years later, and a few years back by Radiohead as well, which is a fantastic rendition by the way, I highly recommend watching it on youtube). 



Love Will Tear Us Apart (Last but not certainly least.  It remains their most popular and most covered track.  U2, Nick Cave, Calexico, The Cure, Arcade Fire...etc.  The list goes on.  Manchester United fans even sung it in honor of Ryan Giggs when he was a player.  I'm partial to Dead Souls, but most would probably argue that this is their best singular track). 



No comments: