Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pavement Reuniting. Oh. My. God.

So Pavement, one of my all-time absolute favorite fucking awesome bands ever to walk the face of the planet, is reuniting for a few shows next September in New York. If you haven't read about this by now, you lose at life. Further, if you haven't noticed, my blog's named after one of my favorite Malkmus songs ever, so this is a pretty big deal for me as I never got to see Pavement live. Anyways, thought I'd post a few of my favorite Pavement tracks in honor of the greatest news the alt. rock scene's gotten since Liz Phair's sextape came out.

Alright, I made the last part up, but it was all in an effort to convey awesomeness.

Onto la musica!!!

Elevate Me Later (My favorite Pavement track of all-time and just a total tone-setter for one of the greatest albums ever made).



Black Out (My favorite track off Wowee Zowee).


Old to Begin (The video sucks and the track's cut off, but it's the best I could find on youtube. Sorry).


Major Leagues (Off Terror Twilight. In my opinion, lyrically, this is the best song that Malkmus has ever written).

Trigger Cut (A personal favorite off Slanted & Enchanted).



No comments: