Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Favorite Albums of the 2000's: #6

The Flaming Lips: Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots



Speaking of the Lips, how awesome is Embryonic? I never thought they'd be able to top The Soft Bulletin in terms of weirdness, but I'll be damned if they didn't come pretty close. Yoshimi's certainly not their best album to date, but in my opinion, it's their most regularly enjoyable. The Soft Bulletin and Embryonic are loaded front to back with music meant solely for headphones, they only contain a handful of tracks you can listen to on the go or even driving. Look at it this way, this album is so accessible that Do You Realize was named the state song of Oklahoma recently, and that's pretty effing cool. This album just breems with confidence from front to back, and I guess it has to considering it's an entire LP about a little girl fighting giant pink robots. All hail The Flaming Lips, the most swaggerlicious motherfuckers in rock.





No comments: