Monday, October 12, 2009

My Favorite Albums of the 2000's: #9

My Morning Jacket: Okonokos



Like I said, it's a list of favorites, and this is my favorite live album of all-time actually. Okonokos is a fabulous live recording on just so many levels. For one, it goes to further show why Patrick Hallahan is one of the premier drummers in rock today. Jim James shows that, for people who haven't had the pleasure of seeing him live, his pipes are every bit as good as they are on every recording they've ever done (look no further than the opener, Wordless Chorus, or even O Is the One That Is Real). Carl Broemel even holds his own with some unreal guitar work. Okonokos is the best live band in rock today playing their best songs on a level nothing short of awesome, and I never get tired of listening to it.

Enjoy!





No comments: